In the last few years blogging as a platform has become more and more crowded and equally competitive, which is why it’s important to step back sometimes and show some love for our fellow bloggers out there.
This week I was kindly nominated by the lovely blondebeautybomb for the Liebster Award – one of many tags in the blogging world that supports new bloggers and helps them be discovered. I’ve always thought that these competitions were a great way to add some positivity to the platform and also to give others the boost they need to keep persevering.
Here are the Rules:
- Thank and tag the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by your nominator.
- Nominate another 11 bloggers to take part.
- Create 11 questions for your chosen bloggers.
- Notify them, and then the tag goes on.
1. At what age did you start getting into makeup?
The first makeup product I ever had was an M&S eyeshadow palette with one shade that particularly stood out to me – a sparkly lemon yellow. As you can imagine I definitely did not manage to pull it off, and continued to wear it all over my eyelids throughout Year 7. I thought I was so stylish, I really wasn’t…
2. What’s your holy grail product?
I’m quite fussy when it comes to makeup, so I don’t really have many holy grail products. But if I had to choose one, it would have to be my Nars Sheer Glow. I haven’t had it long, but I’ve worn it everyday since and plan on wearing it for a long time in the future. It’s the perfect finish, coverage and lasting power – not quite the perfect price, but so worth it.
3. Do you ever have pamper evenings? If so, what do they consist of?
I never really have the time or concentration to dedicate to a whole evening of pampering, but I do like to pamper myself every now and then. Whether it’s a LUSH bubble bath, a fresh manicure or a face mask if I’m feeling fancy, I think it’s important to dedicate some time to your own well being once in a while.
4. What are your goals for 2016?
My main goals for this year are to finally get my ass into gear – I’m getting a Spanish tutor in preparation for Uni in September, I want to spend more time doing art (one of my favourite past-times) and I want to push myself with my baking. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but I always think it’s better to start small and work your way up – fingers crossed it works!
5. What do you like doing outside of blogging?
As I mentioned before, I love painting in my spare time, but I’ve also recently joined a drama group and will be in an upcoming production of Robin Hood. This is something a bit different for me, and also a bit scary! But I’m excited to at least give it a try.
6. What’s your favourite band?
I’d say my top 3 bands at the moment (it’s too difficult to pick one!) are Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro and Catfish & The Bottlemen. If you haven’t listened to any of these you need to.
7. What’s your favourite lip colour to wear?
Looking through my collection I seem to have a soft spot for plum/berry tones – who knew?!
8. Clothes or makeup?
Definitely makeup, I’m never ever happy with what I wear – makeup is much more simple!
9. Matte, satin, or dewy finish?
I always love a dewy finish, especially with my dry skin. I think it just looks so much more fresh and pretty than a flat matte base, just my opinion though!
10. Favourite type of blog?
11. What’s your go to makeup look?
I’m definitely a neutrals girl – bronze eyes, black winged liner and plum-pink lips is my fool proof combination.
- Repressing the Crazy
- Dash of Fashion Girl
- Derby Pink
- Too Much Mouth
- Tazzie Dee
- Style On Board
My Questions for You!:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What are your favourite high and low end beauty brands?
- What’s your favourite social media?
- Dogs or cats?
- What’s your favourite thing to blog about?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
- Who’s your style icon?
- What are your favourite TV Series’?
- If you could only have 3 makeup products, what would they be?
- Who are your favourite bloggers and why?
- What’s your go-to outfit?
Be sure to check out these amazing blogs and give them lots of love – and feel free to join in the tag if you want to!